C.A.S.T.L.E. was a previously LONG delayed comic series that was actselly formerly gonna be released by the now defunt comic punblishers "Story Heroes", but it was falling into hard times when too many of their current stories were failing to sell. Story Heroes sold all the rights to their un-named comics to various other publishers, even a few indiependent writers. Story Heroes had one series left to sell: The stuck in defeliment hell "C.A.S.T.L.E." series. It doesn't even have a story yet and no idea who's good or who's bad. So it has been decided that before closing down, C.A.S.T.L.E. would be sold to the highest bidders, which included the publishing giants Generations Comics and Comix XD. The audition was, different. Money was not the only thing the two publishing companies needed. They also need to release a un-canon comic about how they would treat the undecided series. Generations Comics offered the more serious, dramatic, and epic thriller it would soon be known as today, while XD ended up with a slightly more.... sillier and too child friendly telling of the story. The more serious verson won by default because Story Heroes praised that Generations would treat their unreleased series with more, "maturity" and "dignity". C.A.S.T.L.E. was sold to Generations Comics and Story Heroes closed down with several employies going to work for different comic publishing, fewer going independent, while the former C.E.O.s proceeded to live in comfertable retirement. C.A.S.T.L.E. became a near iconic stable for Generations Comics ever since.
- Nicholas Flame- A Superior raccoon who leads and commands C.A.S.T.L.E. Once being part of the Kratosian Navy in the Kratosian Civil War, he gained the privilege to create C.A.S.T.L.E, but he lost his loyal sister, Kerrigan, some time after. He has the ability to control fire, he can fly, and he also has a super-long lifespan.
- Phillip Cobalt- A Superior gopher who works in espionage and is Flame's personal assistant. Still a junior agent, Phillip has yet to learn a thing or two in espionage, and he works hard to earn the credit he's always wanted. He is usually seen reading comic books on breaks. He has X-ray vision, teeth as hard as steel, and a healing factor.
- Marian Cartogram- A Superior cat who works in diagnostics and navigations for C.A.S.T.L.E. She is a no-nonsense person and is determined to do her job the right way, and she doesn't have time for anything else like going out on dates. She is also a black-belt in karate. She has the power to teleport, and turn invisible at will.
- Jerrell Geartooth- A normal meerkat scientist from a world called Kra-X, who is an excellent biochemist, nuclear physicist, and inventor. Though he is a bit crazy sometimes, he can do anything he sets his mind to, literally.
- The Enigmas- A team of 3 interdimensional energy beings who take the form of Superiors to protect both their origin home and the home they were raised in. C.A.S.T.L.E knows of their races' existence, and have been studying their biology for decades. The Enigmas rarely help them.
- Justice Continuum- A league of legally omnipotent Superiors who govern justice and power manipulation. They know of C.A.S.T.L.E and have been known to be in their operations 20% of the time, and labels them Level 3 heroes in their files.
- The Amazing Nine (Fictional versions)- A team of 9 Superiors who were based on real heroes. They have a legitimate number of threats that sometimes they need the help of C.A.S.T.L.E for.
- Black Light- A Superior American green tree frog who is a minor agent for C.A.S.T.L.E. She is the Superior version of Black Widow, being experienced in various martial arts, hypnosis, and uses various forms of weapons. She is different for her Superior powers and her strangely-ultraviolet blood which allows her skin to glow bright purple. Research says that she obtained it from her father, who worked on an experiment to make the immune system stronger in some Superiors. She does has a stronger immune system, but the UV condition allows her to see well in the dark, but is triggered by adrenaline, meaning if she's calm, she will not glow. Her powers include super-longevity, super-mentality, super-agility, a healing factor, and wallcrawling.
- Sagittarius- A Superior kangaroo who is a minor agent for C.A.S.T.L.E. He is the Superior version of Hawkeye, being equipped with a high-tech bow and trick arrows, a great athlete, and a martial artist. Sagittarius is different from being much more athletic, fast, and has minor superpowers. He is an Australian fighter who will make great work with his opponents. His powers include super-agility, super-endurance, super-strength, super-longevity, and a healing factor.
- Volitator- A Superior Peregrine falcon who is a former Pararescue soldier who saved the lives of millions. He is now a minor member of C.A.S.T.L.E who has twice as much power with his specially-designed suit, jet-propelled thrusters, and strikes his opponents like a warhead. Aside from his suit's jets, phaser cannons, and high-altitude helmet, he is known to have a wide array of superpowers such as super-agility, telescopic vision, steel-like feathers, and super-longevity.
- F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S- (Federal Office of Revolutionary Tactics, Reinforced Espionage and Super Support) is a fictional counter-terrorism organization that was formally the counter-terrorist/terrorist organization of F.O.R.T until it was disbanded and recreated as F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S. It now serves as the Kratosian version of S.T.R.I.K.E, and while it's counterpart, C.A.S.T.L.E, is concentrated in Kratos' Western Hemisphere, F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S is concentrated in Kratos' Eastern Hemisphere. They are both allies, and they occasionally team up with C.A.S.T.L.E when desperate times call for desperate measures. They both have to deal with Lord Crazo Con Insomnia, who constantly tries to take over Kratos with everything in his power. Throughout the comics, both teams face over 5 threats. F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S doesn't exactly have it's own comics, but has a few issues in C.A.S.T.L.E's comic series focusing on them.
- Insanitor and Insomnia- Insanitor is a Superior bonobo who always keeps his identity hidden by a high-tech suit and mask. His past is unknown even to his terrorist organization, Insomnia, which he was once revealed to have been created by Insanitor during a big war when he uploaded a computer virus on an extinct anti-terrorist organization called Vice Enforcers, which had also brought the origin of C.A.S.T.L.E and F.O.R.T. as well. The virus caused the whole forces' power to go down, and caused it to be financially taken down and allow Insanitor to buy up all their technology and military power, converting it into Insomnia, and converting the computer virus into an AI named Riona. C.A.S.T.L.E and F.O.R.T have been battling against each other in a 3-way battle ever since. Insanitor eventually gained an assistant in the form of Nicholas Flame's sister, Kerrigan, who he personally corrupted to be an insane puppet, and Nicholas still cares for and wants to cure from insanity. However, Insanitor even corrupted Mr. Nexus, the leader of F.O.R.T, and even Senator Rox, to ensure that C.A.S.T.L.E would be in an impossible position. What he failed into account was that his own drug is flawed. It could be reverse-engineered to cure victims from insanity. C.A.S.T.L.E uses this info to cure all three of Insanitor's corrupted pawns, and a few things are changed. F.O.R.T. is converted into 'F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S.', Rox resigns as Senator and, for his wrongdoings, faces probation and works as a minor member of F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S, and with Kerrigan having her conscious back, she reveals that Insanitor isn't a Superior at all. He's actually a chaotic Demon General of Insanity from an unknown Darkspawn origin who was sent as a Semi-Superior supervillain, which justifies why he's obsessed with insanity. Eventually, he was inevitably met with his end when Kerrigan and Nexus infected him with his insanity drug during a fight, and this caused him to get major heart attack out of being too angry and insane. His death would open way for new future main villains, like Nicholas-X120 and the Chermites, and also Insanitor's second-hand man, Lord Crazo Cor Insomnia, who honestly didn't expect him to be of Darkspawnic origin, and takes his place as leader of Insomnia after making himself more powerful than he was before, claiming to not be alone. Though not known how and why he was sent to Kratos to being chaos, Insanitor was a truly-powerful terrorist leader with a vast amount of powers such as super-strength, super-agility, super-endurance, super-mentality, super-longevity, telekinesis, telepathy, a healing factor, super-flight, electrical manipulation, teleportation, and invisibility.
- Kerrigan Flame- A Superior raccoon who is Nicholas' sister who started off as a member of the Vice Enforcers with his brother until she was abducted by Insanitor, who has been able to develop a drug that makes her insane and evil enough to become his leading puppet. She has been combating C.A.S.T.L.E 9 times ever since. She possesses as much skill as her brother, and is just as menacing as her master. Luckly, she wasn't able to kill off members, but they had been injured badly enough that often they been momentarly bench from action or had been cerimoniously discharged cause of being disabled, but in one battle, she accidentally leaks info about the drug being reversed, allowing C.A.S.T.L.E to cure her and their other 2 adversaries of their insanity. She then reveals Insanitor's Darkspawnic origins, and they are able to use his own drug against him, and causes him to get so mad, he gets a heart attack and dies. Since then, Kerrigan became a member of F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S. as an intelligence agent, thanks to fearing that agents of C.A.S.T.L.E. would fear her as she once was, and because she wants to ensure Nexus won't be corrupted again by another attempt of Insomia under it's new management. Her powers include super-flight, pyrokinesis, a healing factor, and super-longevity.
- Mr. Nexus and F.O.R.T- Mr. Nexus is a Superior crow who started out as Nicholas' partner in the Vice Enforcers, but even though he liked the job, he hated Nicholas for never giving him any credit whatsoever. It was one mission that made him cross the line. When he broke off part of his beak saving Nicholas and Kerrigan, he was never thanked for it. He wasn't even promoted like he deserved because of his recklessness and heavy self-esteem. Furious, he stormed out of the room, and had a small hand in the Vice Enforcers' downfall. Once it fell, he took his own personal fortune to create F.O.R.T (Federal Office of Revolutionary Taskforce) as a counter-terrorist organization. However, he also ended up falling victim to Insanitor's insanity drug, which somehow backfired and caused Nexus to double-cross him and commit things he was trying to prevent, especially in light that his parents were victims of such acts, secretly having F.O.R.T's Codename secretly being Foundation of Offensive Renegade Terrorism. Since Flame discovered this, he has been trying to expose their crimes, but nobody believes him for their accomplishments and his incredible fame. Throughout missions, C.A.S.T.L.E, F.O.R.T, and Insomnia battled each other in a 3-way battle. Eventually, when he was saved and cured, through he's gotten over his personal hatred, he still has desires to stay independent in light of C.A.S.T.L.E.'s own previous short-comings, though the recognition of his deeds in C.A.S.T.L.E. was recognized as a make-up, though to rub away the history of double-crossing Insanitor, his hypcrotiscy, and doing both good and evil, F.O.R.T. became F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S., and has insisted he's gone straight indifferently. F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S. and C.A.S.T.L.E no longer butt heads as much as they did during the F.O.R.T era, but there are sometimes mission disputes on who can have the rights of the mission, but Nexus does at least started to recognize C.A.S.T.L.E. more than a place of a less-graceful start into heroism, not that he would publicly state it out or admit. His powers include super-agility, sublimation, teleportation, electricity manipulation, and heat vision.
- Senator Rox- A Superior hippo who is a member of the Kratosian Senate who was corrupted by Insanitor to try and bring down C.A.S.T.L.E as a solution to a growing financial crisis in Kratos. He has tried since C.A.S.T.L.E's first battle against F.O.R.T to try and take them down. With his diplomatic immunity, C.A.S.T.L.E was unable to take him down. He tried everything in his power to take them down to 'help Kratos'. When he is cured from his corruption, he resigns as senator, being ashamed he was played for like a fool by a criminalistic maniac. Also, he faces probation and works for F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S. as a minor member. His powers include super-strength, super-endurance, super-flight, waterbreathing, telekinesis, omnilingualism, psychometry, and power negation.
- Lord Crazo Cor Insomnia- A Superior siamang who used to be a member of the Vice Enforcers, and his ideas were always ignored. But when the Vice Enforcers were taken down, he was happy that they learned their lesson of not listening to his ideas, and Insomnia would SURELY listen to him. Unfortunately, in Insomnia, it gets worse. Insanitor hired him as his right-hand man who, instead of ignoring his ideas, he down right steals them. He even steals the name 'Insomnia' which he came up with himself, and Insanitor took the credit. Insanitor took credit of all Crazo's ideas, and refuses to give him the credit. Angry after years of this, Crazo decides that he should be the one to lead Insomnia. He causes Kerrigan to accidentally leak info to C.A.S.T.L.E to reverse his corruption drug, and once they cure Insanitor's corrupted cronies, Insanitor gets a heart attack and dies. Crazo is left in charge, and seems to do much better than his old master. He cybernetically-enhances the soldiers, created 10ft robots called Odysseys, spread Insomnia around Kratos in abandoned buildings, mines, caverns, mounds, even volcanoes, reformulated the corruption drug into an irreversible substance, and developing several projects for superweapons. Most of these weapons C.A.S.T.L.E and F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S were able to take down, and each move Crazo takes in conquering Kratos was foiled by them. But when S.T.R.O.N.G.H.O.L.D came along when they had just completed the final project, blood was spilled, and a remainder of Insomnia was left with Crazo the only leader left to control it. With most of Insomnia destroyed, Crazo began taking risks and upgrading whatever he could. His powers include super-strength, super-agility, heat-vision, a psychic shield, a neutronium skeleton, omnilingualism, and super-mentality.
- Nicholas-X120- A robotic android made from liquid metal and nanobots, created by Crazo Cor Insomnia to take down C.A.S.T.L.E and F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S by impersonating several members into committing crimes. It however, thankfully failed thanks to evidence that all members were present at a big party the time the crimes happen, though a failure in framing, at least it inspired terror none-of-the-less, cause a powerful shape-swifting robot would do that, considering guards were maimed badly. He is nearly unstoppable with his powers and capabilities, being similar to the T-1000 from T2: Judgment Day. He was almost able to take them both down, too. Unfortunately, he was defeated and destroyed by being melted by corrosive acid. He was once re-created as Nicholas-X190, being much stronger and immune to extreme heat. Unfortunately, it was defeated by electrocution of the nanobots.
- Chermites- A race of extraterrestrial beings from a planet called Chermus, which are the Kratosian version of the Chitauri from The Avengers. They are similar to them, having advanced technology, cybernetic enhancements, and reptilian-like traits. Some differences are their short tails, their 4 eyes, their hive-mind, and their caste systems. They come in laborers, soldiers, mercenaries, powerhouses, and most importantly, the king and queen. They come in large invasion forces, and their technology assures that they put up a great battle against C.A.S.T.L.E and F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S. They came after Superior scientists picked up their home planet's location, and because they're losing most of the worlds they inhabited to climate change, they decide that desperate times call for desperate measures, and that means invading the closest planet they can find in the Goldilocks Zone. Once they find Kratos, they come into contact with Crazo. He offers that, in exchange for his knowledge of the adversaries they might face, they would become his next invasion force. They nearly take over Kratos with jamming arrays, radar scramblers, and illegal quantum field generators from Crazo to ensure they would take over. When they were defeated, they retreated back to their home planet, and to ensure that they don't attack again, C.A.S.T.L.E shows them a few other planets that scientists have found, that way they could rebuild their collapsing empire. After promising never to invade again, the Chermites go to the closest planet and terraform it within a few weeks.
- Nolan Sunspot and S.T.R.O.N.G.H.O.L.D (Supreme Task Reinforcements of the Offensive National Guardian Headquarters Of Liberation and Directive)- Nolan is a Superior sun-tailed monkey who was praised as a war hero during the times of the Kratosian Civil War, and had accomplished several impossible feats on his own. Then he decided that he should prevent other wars from erupting by creating S.T.R.O.N.G.H.O.L.D, an anti-terrorist organization. Unfortunately, when they see C.A.S.T.L.E and F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S as dangers that would cause an eventual war for property damage more serious than their enemies, they attempt to take them down. Once riots erupt by their words, C.A.S.T.L.E and F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S begin to crumble. Especially when S.T.R.O.N.G.H.O.L.D has destroyed most of Insomnia's global activity, increasing the risk of both organizations being disbanded. Trouble starts brewing until all 3 organizations, as well as Insomnia, battle to the death. While massive property damage was done by S.T.R.O.N.G.H.O.L.D, along with 800 casualties, S.T.R.O.N.G.H.O.L.D was disbanded for it's destruction, but Nolan retreated, rumored to continue doing herowork. While C.A.S.T.L.E and F.O.R.T.R.E.S.S search for him, Insomnia is starting to go downhill due to their business crumbling for the actions caused by S.T.R.O.N.G.H.O.L.D, causing Crazo to start taking risks and going into extremist matters. Nolan's powers include super-strength, super-agility, a titanium skeleton, super-mentality, super-longevity, a healing factor, empathy, psychometry, a psychic shield, omnilingualism, heat-vision, telekinesis, fire manipulation, and invisibility.