The Galactic Federation is an interstellar republic composed of intelligent beings brought together to serve their common interests. It appears to have existed for thousands of years. The member worlds of the Galactic Federation are each represented in the Federation Council, the main legislative body of the Galactic Federation which is lead by a Grand Councilman/woman who it appears is elected by the Council from its membership. The Federation Council meets on the Planet Turo, the Galactic Federation's capital.
The Galactic Federation has also been involved in many extraterrestrial-related incidents on Deep Space Earth, including the one that occurred near Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.
The Galactic Command functions as the military of the Galactic Federation. The Federation Council appears to have direct oversight of the Galactic Command, with the Grand Councilman (or woman) serving as commander-in-chief.
The Galactic Federation controls many territories throughout the galaxy, and possibly even the UUniverses. The Galactic Federation's capital is the Planet Turo, where the Galactic Federation Council meets. The planet Earth has recently been made a protectorate of the Galactic Federation to insure the safety of endangered alien species like the mosquito which, while common on Earth, is an endangered species throughout the rest of the galaxy and is near extinction. The Galactic Federation, while not controlling all parts of the UUniverses, has data on almost every known alien world and governs them.
Prisons are fit with the best in defense technology, including hoverbots that are use to patrol.
Galactic Federation ships come in many sizes from flagships to police cruisers. These ships all appear to incorporate hyperdrive technology which are dangerous to nearby ships when activated. Different alien races mean different alien vehicles and spaceships. Certain apparent examples include:
- Police Cruisers: Police Cruisers are the standard Galactic Command ships that were small and built like flying police cars. These cruisers can come in groups of a hundred, or even a thousand, and can work together and fly like a group of bees. These vehicles were usually lead by a pursuit captain.
- Grand Councilwoman's Flagship: The Grand Councilwoman's flagship was a large, highly-advanced, yellow ship which she planned to use to transport Stitch to Galactic Command.
- Captain Gantu's Flagship: When Gantu served as Captain, he controlled a large city-sized ship. This ship had the latest technology including DNA-sensitive laser cannons. It also contained holding cells, a bridge, a hangar for Police Cruisers and numerous types of defenses. While it suffered minor damage during Stitch's escape, it is possible that it went through repairs.
- Gantu's Ship: Gantu also had a black and yellow ship that contained a computer room, living quarters and had at least one hangar.
- Big Red Battleship (BRB): The BRB was a ship equipped with the latest technology. It served as Stitch's flagship during his tenure as Captain of the Galactic Federation. It contained a large, highly advanced bridge and had living quarters for Stitch and the crew. The Ship was massive, but not as large as Gantu's Ship. The ship had large storage capabilities and had a powerful defense network.
Role in the series
The Galactic Federation reprises their roll in the series. In the UUniverses, the Galactic Feds have control of all known alien worlds and actually governs them for the High Council since they prefer to deal with non-alien matters. They seem to have a rule involving vigilantes that was almost the death of the Shell Lodge Squad if it wasn't for the fact that the Lodgers were licensed heroes. These aliens seem to get along with humans as well, including those that live on Futurasia, which was under their protection and governing since the world is inhabited by aliens as well, many of them being of the Galactic Feds.