Hermes is the Olympian God of all those who survive by their wits as well as the messenger of the Gods.
In Greek mythology, Hermes was one of the tewlve mighty gods who lived atop Mount Olympus. He was the god of sheperds, travelers, merchants, thieves, and all others who lived by their wits. His mother was Maia, a Titan's daughter so Hermes was born in a faraway cave on Mount Cyllene, to escape Hera's wrath. As a newborn babe, he stole twelve of Apollo's cows without leaving a trace. Apollo was angry until Hermes offered him the lyre he had made for the whole herd. Hermes was the merriest of Olympians and was favored by all gods, goddesses, and mortals. He and Apollo became the best of friends and even though Hermes was the god of liars and theives, he never stole or lied- but he often didn't tell the whole truth.
Hercules (animated series)
- Hercules and the Apollo Mission
As a god, Hermes possesses the natural powers and abilities such as
- Immortality: Like all of the Olympian Gods has universal immunity from death
- Omnipresence: Like all of the Olympians Gods is able to be passively present everywhere
- Superhuman strength: Like most if not all Olympian level og physical strength that far surpasses the physical strength of typical mortal .
- Magic: Like most Olympian Gods possesses the abilities to perform magic. In the series Hermes has displayed the ability to conjure via Caduceus.
- Winged sandals : As the messenger of the gods and god of travelers, the winged sandle enable Hermes to fly and move at an extreme speed.
Role in the Spongebob Series
Hermes reprises his role from the film, serving as the messenger of the Gods of Olympus, as well as helping the Lodgers receive embarrassing moments from the Villain League as payback for them doing the same thing.